Thursday, July 4, 2013

Bedroom Makeovers


I can't believe how long it has been, a lot of exciting things have happened. My oldest daughter moved into her first apartment. She also was offered an internship at Dell. I am so extremely proud of her. She is on track to graduate from ASU next spring. It will have only taken her three years to earn her bachelors. Way to go Laine.

My youngest daughter Emily was accepted into LIM fashion design school in Manhattan, NYC. She will be leaving in August. This year in her fashion design class she competed in a Recycle and Redesign FCCLA competition. Her challenge was to design a garment from recycled materials. The items she chose to use for her garment included: coffee filters that were stained with tea, burlap, old sewing patterns, and tapioca pearls.
It was absolutely beautiful and evidently the judges thought so as well. She took First Place. Again, I am such a proud mamma! 



I can't believe I won't have any kids at home beginning August. Boy how time flies, I remember when they were just little munchkins.

What have I been doing with my time you ask. Well, Emily wanted to makeover her room about six months ago. I am always up for a makeover. She had decided to rid her room of dark brown paint with pink polka dots for a more sophisticated grey and white scheme.




The empty bedroom that was my oldest daughters bedroom I opted to stencil. I had long been admiring a stenciled room done by Jones Design Company. http://jonesdesigncompany.com/decorate/painted-wallpaper-a-tutorial/


I am not gonna lie. It is very time consuming, but the end results are well worth it.
I absolutely love it!!





I will post pics soon of both rooms completely finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment