Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Monogram Sign

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to be finished with my chair, but in the same breath I always have to have a project going.

Thankfully it didn't take me long to figure out what to do next.

I had seen a wooden wall sign on a recent trip to a local boutique, but there was no way I was going to shell out $200 for it.

I had to figure out a way to make my own version.

It started off with a frame I found in my neighbor's trash.

I sanded it and painted it with leftover paint from my powder room makeover, BM Grey Owl. I then wiped RL tea stained glaze over that.

The actual sign part required a trip to Lowe's for a piece of pine.

I cut the pine board to fit inside the frame and then painted it with my free linen white paint from Glidden.

The stencil I created on our home printer.

The finished project cost a total of $8.00


No comments:

Post a Comment