Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Exciting News!!!!

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. Where does the time go? Since my last post I have some very exciting news to share. My daughter was accepted into ASU and she also received a Presidential Scholarship. We are so very proud of her.

Now if you remember I was prepping our Armoire for a make-over, needless to say it still looks the same. I am wanting to paint it a grey color as to resemble a piece of Swedish furniture, but trying to find the right shade of grey that is not too blue, or green but a true grey is proving to be difficult.

What is one to do when they can't find the perfect shade of paint, move onto another project of course.

With Christmas around the corner, I decided to make ornaments for ornament exchange parties I attend every year.

The first ornament I made started with an ornament for the Dollar Store. You gotta L-O-V-E the Dollar store. I then went and dug a book out of the donation pile and grabbed my hot glue gun.

I cut the book pages into 1" squares.



Wrap paper square around the end on an un-sharpened pencil



Add a dab of hot glue

Attach to Plain Christmas Ornament (starting at bottom)
I actually sat the ornament on a glass while attaching paper squares.

Once the ornament was completely covered in paper squares, I cut out a cardboard star, painted it green, then smeared Elmer's glue on it and covered it in green glitter.



The finishing touch was the banner and brushing the tips of paper in glue and rolling in glitter.

This is the other ornament I made, which I can provide a tutorial for if you would like.

May you all have a very blessed Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment